SSRI Lawsuit Information
SSRI Resources

Celexa Birth Defect Lawsuits

The antidepressant drug Celexa has been associated with a number of particularly severe birth defects.If you or your child have been harmed by Celexa, you have the right to seek compensation for your injuries.

Celexa is an antidepressant manufactured and sold by Forest Laboratories. Celexa is among a class of drugs known as selective seratonin reuptake inhibitors, or SSRIs. The FDA has recently issued a warning stating that there is strong evidence linking Celexa and other SSRIs with a number of severe birth defects.

If you or your child have been harmed by Celexa, you have the right to file a lawsuit and seek compensation for your injuries.

Our experienced pharmaceutical attorneys handle Celexa lawsuits. We are familiar with pharmaceutical law, and in helping those who have had a child born with a severe birth defect as a result of taking Celexa. The lawyers at Blizzard & Nabers have over 25 years of experience handling this area of law.

The national pharmaceutical attorneys from Blizzard & Nabers can help you bring your Celexa lawsuit anywhere in the Unites States.

Answers to Common Questions about Celexa Lawsuits

Can the Company that Makes Celexa be Held Liable for Harmful Side Effects?

Yes. There is a significant precedent for holding companies that manufacture harmful pharmaceuticals liable for the damage their products cause. If you have been harmed by Celexa, you have the right to seek compensation for your injuries.

Do I Have Grounds for a Celexa Lawsuit?

If you took Celexa while pregnant and if you have a child that was born with a birth defect such as heart defects, intestines outside the skin, omphalocele, limb reduction defects (shortened, deformed or absent hands, arms or legs, club foot, skull defects, cleft lip or palate or defects of the mouth or lip, or if your child was born with persistent pulmonary hypertension, you may have grounds for a Celexa lawsuit. There is extensive precedent for suing the manufacturers of dangerous drugs, and Forest Laboratories is already facing a number of lawsuits over Celexa birth defects.

What happens if I decide to file a Celexa Birth Defect lawsuit?

If you decide to file a lawsuit seeking compensation for your damages from Celexa, our firm will work with you to assess your case and help you decide the best way to move forward. We'll work with you to gather relevant information about the case, obtain medical records, and perform a complete case evaluation.

When your case is filed and moves forward, a process known as "discovery" begins, where both sides in the lawsuit gather information and take statements under oath known as "depositions".

In Celexa birth defect cases, information gathered in the discovery phase might include medical records showing your prescription for Celexa and records documenting the harm your child suffered.

A significant number of lawsuits are settled out of court after the discovery process. If there is no settlement in your Celexa lawsuit, your case may go to trial.

Your Celexa birth defect lawsuit may be handled either as an individual case or in a single case with other individuals who have also been harmed by the product. These group cases are known as mass torts. Even if your case is handled as a mass tort, our attorneys and staff will work with you personally and give your case individual attention.

We handle all cases on a contingency basis, meaning that if your case is not settled in your favor, or if you do not receive a verdict in your favor, we do not collect any fee.

Filing a Celexa Birth Defect Lawsuit

We can help you file a Celexa lawsuit. If you have had a child born with birth defects as a result of using Celexa, the law firm of Blizzard & Nabers can help. For more than 25 years, our attorneys have successfully represented our clients and stood up for the rights of people harmed by dangerous drugs and pharmaceutical companies. We are a nationwide law firm serving clients from all over the country. We handle all cases on a contingency basis.

To learn more, or for a free case review from an experienced pharmaceutical attorney, please contact us by email or call us at 1-800-349-0127.