Katherine Cornell is an experienced trial attorney whose practice focuses on pharmaceutical and medical device cases nationwide. Clients have come to rely on Ms. Cornell for her breadth of experience and dedication to each and every case.
Ms. Cornell is well known amongst her peers for her work in the global transvaginal mesh litigation. She served on the trial team against Mentor Worldwide and its parent company Johnson & Johnson that obtained a $4.4 million dollar verdict in 2016.
Her experience working has proved invaluable to not only her clients, but also to other victims of defective medical products and dangers prescription medications. Ms. Cornell is currently working with victims of defective hernia mesh products to help hold manufacturers accountable for their defective devices and she also assists victims of personal injury accidents in getting compensation for their injuries.
Ms. Cornell received her Bachelor of Arts in Social Work at Grand Valley State University before attending Michigan State University College of Law, where she received Dean’s List recognition. While in her home state of Michigan, she worked as a probation officer in the 59th District Court, served as a Law Clerk to Judge F. Kay Behm in The Probate Court For The County of Genesee, and as a Law Clerk to Judge Joseph J. Farah of the 7th Circuit Court.
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., Dean’s List, 2012
- Grand Valley State University, B.A. in Social Work, 2009
- State of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Houston Bar Association, Law Practice Management Section, Treasurer, 2018 – Present
- Houston Trial Lawyers Foundation, Gala Marketing/Media Committee, 2015
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, 2015
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, 2012
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, 2012
- American Association For Justice, 2012
- Thomson Reuters, Rising Star, 2017 – 2018
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, Top Lawyer, 2016
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40, 2016
- “Living and Working in the #MeToo Era,” Texas Women Rainmakers Annual Conference, August 2018
- “Statute of Limitations and Its Applicability On Hernia Mesh Cases,” HarrisMartin Conference, July 2018
- “Hernia Mesh: Litigation Update,” HarrisMartin Conference, April 2017
- “Building Blocks for Civil Litigation,” Texas Women Rainmakers Annual Conference, August 2017
- “Experiences as a New Attorney,” University of Houston Pre-law Society, 2013.