Pharmaceutical companies like Johnson & Johnson, GlaxoSmithKline, and Bayer AG produce some of the most popular medications and products in the healthcare industry. However, this doesn’t mean the products they produce are always safe. Some of the most common products in your medicine cabinet may have very serious risks.
Dangerous Products You Might Have In Your Medicine Cabinet:
- Baby powder – Studies linking the talc in baby powder to an increased risk of ovarian cancer have existed for decades, but a recent study found African American women in particular have a 44% increased rate of ovarian cancer from baby powder use.
- Nexium – This might be your go to choice for heartburn relief, but Nexium has been linked to a variety of side effects including chronic kidney disease and kidney failure. If this wasn’t enough, a study published in the International Journal of Rheumatic Diseases found patients taking Nexium are more likely to develop osteoporosis.
- Prilosec – Prilosec might best be known by its television commercial “face,” Larry the Cable Guy. But don’t let the comical commercials fool you. Prilosec users have up to a 96% increased chance of developing end-stage kidney failure within five years of starting to use the medication.
- Tylenol – The main ingredient in Tylenol, called acetaminophen, can cause serious liver damage over time. Taking just eight pills of extra strength Tylenol within twenty-four hours could greatly increase your risk of liver damage.
- Zofran – For patients who have undergone surgery or chemotherapy, Zofran can greatly reduce the nausea or vomiting associated with treatment. Beyond that, many women are prescribed Zofran off-label to treat nausea related to morning sickness, but this has been shown to cause birth defects in unborn children.
All of these consumer products are currently the subjects of various lawsuits alleging the manufacturers failed to warn consumers of the associated risks, and it doesn’t look good for the manufacturers. Baby powder lawsuit verdicts have already come down on the side of the plaintiff in three separate trials, and more are scheduled to begin this September. If you discover any of these products in your medicine cabinet and you experienced an illness while using them or shortly thereafter, you may have a claim for financial damages..
Blizzard Law: Dangerous Drug Attorneys
If you have been injured or lost a family member due to a defective or dangerous drug or product, the lawyers of Blizzard Law PLLC are here to help. Call us today for a free consultation to discuss your case.