Catastrophic Injury Lawyers in Houston, Texas
Catastrophic injuries are serious injuries that have a permanent impact on a victim’s life, mobility, or ability to work. Individuals who suffer catastrophic injuries might require lifelong nursing care or home support, and this can have a major impact not only on victims of catastrophic injuries but on their families as well. When individuals suffer a catastrophic injury because of the negligence of another person, party, or company, victims and their families have the right to seek damages for their medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Pain and suffering damages are designed to compensate victims for the physical and emotional pain that a catastrophic injury can cause. The more serious the injury, the more money in pain and suffering damages a victim may be able to collect. Catastrophic injuries can include traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputations, eye injury, burns, or serious fractures. These injuries can occur in a range of accidents, including accidents involving defective products, medical malpractice injuries, and car accidents. Here are some of the types of injuries, the ways that these injuries can impact victims’ lives, and the rights that you and your family might have in the aftermath of such injuries.
- Traumatic Brain Injury. Brain trauma can impact all aspects of a person’s life, from a person’s ability to remember things to a person’s ability to walk, speak, and perform daily life tasks. Even mild traumatic brain injury can have a serious impact on a person’s life. The more serious the brain injury, the more devastating the impact can be. If your loved one suffered a serious traumatic brain injury, he or she might be facing a long course of rehabilitation ahead and may require ongoing nursing care. If your loved one supported the family, the shift from being a caregiver to the person receiving care can be immense and costly. Blizzard Law, PLLC is a catastrophic injury law firm in Houston, Texas that may be able to assist you with seeking damages if you or someone you love suffered a traumatic brain injury.
- Spinal Cord Injury. Spinal cord injury can lead to paralysis. Individuals who suffer this injury can face long-term disability, immobility, and major lifestyle changes. The cost of caring for a person suffering from a spinal cord injury can be as high as a million dollars in just the first year alone, and can cost tens of thousands of dollars in subsequent years. For example, according to the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation, the medical costs of a high tetraplegia injury can be as much as $1,064,716 in the first year alone, and as much as 184,891 in subsequent years. Individuals who suffer this kind of injury due to another person or company’s neglect or negligence may have the right to seek damages for their medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Blizzard Law, PLLC is a catastrophic injury law firm in Houston, Texas that may be able to assist you if you or someone you love suffered this devastating injury.
- Amputation can result in disfigurement and can leave a person with limited mobility. Individuals who live with amputations may struggle with pain following an amputation. Victims may require physical therapy, rehabilitation, and assistive devices. Others may struggle to return to work, may be unable to work, or may struggle with emotional and psychological distress following their amputation injury. If you suffered an amputation after using a defective product or because you were in an accident due to another person or party’s neglect, you may have the right to seek damages for your losses. Contact Blizzard Law, PLLC, a catastrophic injury law firm in Houston, Texas today.
- Serious burns can result in disfigurement and can be incredibly painful. Sometimes serious burn injuries result in amputation of an affected limb, or leave a victim with limited mobility or limited use of their body. Individuals who survive serious burn injuries may struggle with pain, emotional trauma, and may struggle to return to work, or may be unable to work. Victims and their families might be entitled to receive compensation to cover lost wages, medical expenses, and pain and suffering damages. If you or someone you love suffered a serious burn injury, contact Blizzard Law, PLLC, a catastrophic injury law firm in Houston, Texas today.
- Serious Fractures. While many victims are able to heal from serious fractures, some fractures can result in permanent disability, lost mobility, and other complications. Hip fractures, for example, can leave victims struggling to regain mobility. If you or someone you love has become permanently disabled, is unable to return to work, or is struggling with a long course of rehabilitation after suffering a serious fracture injury, Blizzard Law, PLLC is a catastrophic injury law firm in Houston, Texas that may be able to help you.
- Eye Injuries. Sometimes individuals suffer serious and blinding eye injuries after using defective products. If you or someone you love is suffering from blindness as a result of an eye injury, you and your family might be entitled to seek damages for your medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering. The catastrophic injury lawyers at Blizzard Law, PLLC understand how devastating a blinding injury can be. Our lawyers may be able to help you.
These are just some of the catastrophic injury types for which the lawyers at Blizzard Law, PLLC in Houston, Texas are taking clients. If you or someone you love was seriously injured, are suffering from disability, or are struggling to make ends meet after a defective product injury or medical malpractice injury, or because of some other type of serious accident involving the negligence of another person or party, Blizzard Law, PLLC is a Houston, Texas catastrophic injury law firm that may be able to help you. Our lawyers can review your case, investigate the causes of your accident, identify responsible parties, and fight to help you and your family get the compensation you may be entitled to receive under the law.