Defective Devices Lawyers in Houston, Texas
Patients who suffer injuries or illnesses after they have used defective medical devices have the right to pursue a lawsuit against the device’s manufacturer. Individuals who suffer an injury or illness after receiving a surgical implant of a medical device or those who suffer injuries after using a medical device may be entitled to seek damages for their medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses. The law provides that a person can pursue a defective device lawsuit, if :
- The device had a manufacturing defect that resulted in an injury or a loved one’s death.
- The device had known dangers and risks, but these known dangers or risks were not disclosed.
- There were flaws with the product development and testing process and these flaws resulted in a defective product being rushed to market.
These are just some of the ways that individuals and families might be able to pursue lawsuits against manufacturers of defective products. Blizzard Law, PLLC is a defective devices law firm in Houston, Texas accepting new clients who have suffered injuries due to using or receiving defective medical devices in Houston, Texas. We are currently accepting new clients for the following defective devices lawsuits:
- DePuy ASR (Articular Surface Replacement). According to BMJ, the recall of De Puy, ASR hip prosthesis is “one of the biggest disasters in orthopedic history.” As the implant suffers wear and tear, metals from the implant can end up in a patient’s body, blood stream, and cerebral spinal fluid. Metal debris could lead to the destruction of soft tissue surrounding the joint, leading to further disability. If you or someone you love suffered from disability or loss of mobility after receiving this implant, or if you or someone you love suffered from neurological, renal, thyroid, or cardiovascular illness after receiving this implant, you might be entitled to seek damages for your medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses. The defective device lawyers at Blizzard Law, PLLC in Houston, Texas are currently accepting clients who have suffered injuries from the DePuy ASR hip replacement implant.
- Transvaginal Mesh. These devices were used to treat pelvic organ prolapse and urinary incontinence. However, on April 16, 2019, the FDA ordered that all manufacturers of transvaginal surgical mesh “stop selling and distributing these products immediately.” Women have experienced vaginal bleeding, discharge, pelvic pain, groin pain, or pain with sexual intercourse after having these devices implanted. Some women have even had to undergo additional surgeries to have these devices removed, but removal can be difficult and can lead to scarring. If you or someone you love has suffered any symptoms associated with transvaginal mesh surgery, you may be entitled to make a claim for losses and injuries. The defective device attorneys at Blizzard Law, PLLC in Houston, Texas are currently accepting clients who have suffered injuries as a result of their transvaginal mesh implants.
- Hernia Mesh. Some patients who had a hernia mesh implanted to treat their hernias went on to develop complications. These complications include pain, infection, obstruction, and perforation of the intestines or other organs. Some meshes were recalled because of these issues. If you or someone you love suffered complications after receiving a hernia mesh implant, you may have the right to seek damages and compensation from the hernia mesh manufacturer. Blizzard Law, PLLC is a defective devices law firm currently accepting clients who have suffered injury or death after their hernia mesh implant.
- Inferior Vena Cava IVC Filters. Some IVC filters have been recalled because some of these devices lack a taper that protects the vessels when the product is being implanted. If the lack of a taper is present, there is a risk that the device can tear the blood vessel into which it is being delivered. If you or someone you love suffered blood vessel damage due to a defective IVC filter, you may have the right to seek compensation for your medical costs and lost wages. The defective devices lawyers at Blizzard Law, PLLC are currently accepting cases from individuals who suffered injuries when receiving treatment using defective IVC filters.
- Minimally Invasive Epilepsy Surgery. Patients who had surgery performed using Laser Interstitial Thermal Therapy with the Monteris Neuroblate System to reduce the frequency of their epileptic seizures or to treat patients with brain tumors may have suffered injury, or death or had to undergo additional surgeries when these devices failed to work as expected. If you or someone you love died, suffered an injury or had to because this therapy system failed to work as intended, you may have the right to make a claim under the law for your medical costs and other losses. Blizzard Law, PLLC is a defective devices law firm currently accepting clients who have suffered complications after receiving minimally invasive epilepsy treatment using the Monteris NeuroBlate System or other injury due to complications stemming from your minimally invasive epilepsy or other brain surgery.
These are just some of the defective medical device claims for which Blizzard Law, PLLC is currently taking clients. In 2019 alone, the FDA recalled dozens of medical devices. These device range from defective incubators used for premature babies to recalled breast implants due to their risk of causing certain types of cancers. Other recalls include devices used for vision correction to devices used in spine surgery. If you have suffered an injury due to an implant or defective medical device, you may have the right to seek damages and compensation for your losses. Blizzard Law, PLLC is a defective device law firm in Houston, Texas that works with patients and their families. Victims might suffer from disabilities, may require additional surgery and medical care, and may suffer additional complications after being treated with a defective device. If you have questions about your rights, contact the defective device lawyers at Blizzard Law, PLLC in Houston, Texas today. We offer clients a free case review during which we can offer you guidance on the next steps.