Drug Injury Lawyers in Houston, Texas
Every year, the FDA recalls drugs because the public learns that the drugs have dangerous side effects or the public learns that the drug is not effective. Drug companies have a responsibility to warn consumers about a drug’s side effects and to warn users about risks that a drug might have. If a drug is shown to have unintended side effects or proves to not be effective, drug companies have a responsibility to let consumers know. Unfortunately, sometimes problems with drugs only become apparent after the drug has been on the market for some time. When these problems become known, the drug companies have a responsibility to let consumers know what is going on. Individuals who have been hurt after using prescription drugs might have the right to seek damages for their losses, medical expenses, lost wages, disability, and injuries. Always speak to your doctor if you are experiencing side effects after using prescription drugs.
Blizzard Law, PLLC is a drug injury law firm in Houston, Texas that works with victims and their families to help them get the settlement they deserve under the law. If you have been diagnosed with a condition resulting from using a prescription drug, Blizzard Law, PLLC may be able to help. We are taking clients who have suffered injuries from dangerous drugs, or cosmetic products including:
- Just for Men®. Some men have sought lawsuits against the makers of Just for Men® after suffering scarring, burning, and allergic reactions from using these products. The men in these lawsuits claim that the company has failed to warn consumers adequately about the risk that these products present. The drug injury lawyers at Blizzard Law, PLLC are Houston, Texas attorneys who may be able to assist you if you suffered burning, scarring, or an allergic reaction after using Just for Men®.
- Benzocaine is an over-the-counter product that offers pain relief for sore gums and mouth pain. The product was marketed for use among infants to help relieve teething pain. However, benzocaine has been linked with a dangerous health condition known as methemoglobinemia. This condition can result in lower amounts of oxygen in the blood and can lead to death. The FDA has called for the use of benzocaine in teething products to be discontinued and has required that benzocaine products marketed for adults contain warnings about the risks. If you or someone you love suffered from methemoglobinemia after using benzocaine, you may want to speak to an attorney today. Blizzard Law, PLLC is a drug injury lawyer that helps families who have suffered losses and injuries in Houston, Texas after using dangerous drugs.
- Talcum Powder. A July 2018 lawsuit against Johnson & Johnson resulted in 22 people being awarded $550 million in compensatory damages and another $4.14 billion in punitive damages. While talcum powder itself has not been directly linked to the development of ovarian cancer, contaminants that could also be found in talcum powder could potentially pose a cancer risk. There have been reports of talcum powder getting contaminated with asbestos. If you have developed ovarian cancer and used talcum powder regularly, you may be able to join a growing number of women who are pursuing lawsuits against the makers of talcum powder products. Blizzard Law, PLLC is a drug injury law firm in Houston, Texas that may be able to review your case and offer you guidance on the next steps.
- Birth Defects. A number of drugs have been linked to birth defects. Some prescription drugs can result in premature birth, low birthweight, birth defects, learning and behavioral issues later in life, SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome), miscarriage, and stillbirth. Before stopping any prescription drugs, it is important to speak to your doctor. Not all prescription drugs are linked to birth defects. If your child was born with birth defects, and you suspect that prescription drugs may have impacted your child’s development in the womb, you may want to speak to a doctor, and may also want to learn more by reaching out to Blizzard Law, PLLC, a drug injury law firm in Houston, Texas.
- The FDA recalled Valsartan, a drug used by high blood pressure medication, because the Food and Drug Administration found impurities in the drug that could cause cancer. If you took Valsartan and are concerned about your cancer risk, speak to your doctor. If you have developed cancer or regularly took this drug, consider contacting the drug injury lawyers at Blizzard Law, PLLC in Houston, Texas today; we may be able to assist you with a claim.
Blizzard Law, PLLC is a drug injury lawyer in Houston, Texas that assists clients who have been hurt by using certain kinds of prescription drugs. If you believe you were injured or were sickened by a prescription drug, contact Blizzard Law, PLLC, a drug injury law firm in Houston, Texas today. Our attorneys can review your case, offer you an honest assessment of your claim, and assist you, if you have a case.